Landscaping Irrigation Schedule & Tips
You can design a landscape that conserves water as well as energy!
The following irrigation schedule is set by City of Milpitas Municipal Code: Chapter 6
- Address ending in Odd number: Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- Address ending in Even number: Tuesday, Friday & Sunday
- No street address: Monday, Thursday & Sunday
- No more than three watering days during a seven-day period.
- Watering is only allowed between 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- NOTE: Watering during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall is prohibited.
The following activities are exempt from the day and time restrictions on watering or irrigation:
- Use of Potable Water for short periods during timer adjustment and repair of irrigation system are exempt from the time and day restriction set forth above.
- Watering by hand and only with a shut-off nozzle.
- Watering plants slated for sale in nursery/garden centers.
- Watering using drip irrigation systems.
Follow all other water waste restrictions
To Learn More about Water Conservation or
To Report Violations
Call 408-586-2666 or Report Online