The City’s Code outlines water use restrictions and prohibitions under Title VIII Ch. 6 – Section 3 Water Conservation Ordinance.
Water Use Rules for all Customers:
- Water when it’s cool outside. For sprinkler systems, watering is only allowed before 9 am and after 6:00 p.m.
- Only water outdoors on the three designated days listed in the watering schedule below.
- Addresses ending in Odd number: Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- Addresses ending in Even number: Tuesday, Friday & Sunday
- Without Street Number: Monday, Thursday & Sunday
- Always use a hose with a nozzle that shuts off automatically when the handle is released for watering landscapes and washing vehicles.
- Don’t let water run into streets or gutters. Watering that results in flooding or runoff in gutters, sidewalks, driveways, or streets is prohibited.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean hard surfaces including sidewalks and driveways.
- Fix leaks as soon as possible. Do not use broken or defective plumbing, sprinkler, watering, or irrigation systems.
- Turn off irrigation systems when it is going to rain. Watering outdoor plants, lawn, grass, landscaping, or turf areas during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall is prohibited.
- Cover pools and spas when not in use to prevent evaporation.
- Make sure decorative fountains have a recirculating system.
Water Use Rules for Businesses, Construction, and Restaurants:
- Provide customers with water only upon request.
- Use a recirculated water system for car wash equipment.
- Do not use water in new, added or altered cooling system equipment unless at least fifty percent (50%) of the water is recycled.
- Do not use water for construction purposes including dust control and compaction.
- Use drip or microspray irrigation in newly constructed homes and buildings.